My video tutorials can also be found on My YouTube Channel if you prefer that to Vimeo.
The quality of the most recent videos has now been improved with a voice-over by Jonne Haven.
None of the older videos have sound because I don't have the tools or skills to produce Professional quality videos. They all have text comments — pause the video to read the explanations.
- FontCreator 12.0 What is New ? • Drag and Drop of Tabs • Glyph Edit Windows Open after Related Font Tab • Click on Comparison Glyphs to Jump to Glyph • New Categories in Font Overview Side Panel for Export and Scripts • Overview Panel Tree Remembers its Status • Improved Toolbar Layout • Improved Transform Scripts • Undo Glyph Transformations • Anchored Based Complete Composites with Auto Attach • Improved Font Sorting • Unsupported Tables can be Viewed • Generation of User-friendly Glyph Names • New Data Folder for FontCreator 12 • OpenType Designer Toolbar Redesigned • Automatic Generation of Features and Lookup tables • Insert Glyphs by Name at any Position • Improved Templates for New Fonts • Reopen Fonts Menu Shows Full Path
- Configure Toolbars in FontCreator • New Tools Toolbar • Make Simple and Make Empty Moved after Complete Composites on Tools Toolbar • New Button for Custom Formulae
- What is New in FontCreator 11.0? • 64-bit version • Edit CFF cubic fonts • Convert quadratic contours to cubic and vice versa • Contour fills in Glyph Edit Window can use transparency • Lock metrics • Lock docked toolbars • More Access Keys • Distance between points shown in Statusbar • Add three programs to the Launch Externals submenu • Switching to colour mode shows palette and members toolbars • Insert several Composite Glyph members at once • Transform Toolbar shown in Composite Glyphs • Selected OpenType feature remembered on restart • Adding Scripts, Languages, Features, and Lookups is context-sensitive •
- Getting Started with FontCreator 11.0 • Create a new font with cubic or quadratic curves • Personalize FontCreator • Edit Tags • Importing Vectors • Importing Bitmaps • Using the Free Draw Tool • Inserting Contours • Combining Contours
- FontCreator 11.0 Drawing Contours • Curve type depends on export settings • Using a background image as a template • Adding and modifying guidelines • Drawing in point mode • Display connection lines • Lock Metrics • Hold shift to constrain lines • Click and drag to extend to a curve • Undo is disabled while drawing, use Back button • Contour directions are corrected automatically • Aligning, deleting, adding, modifying points • Moving points to adjust stroke weight
- What's New in FontCreator 10 • Tagging Shortcuts now toggle on/off • Resize small bitmaps on import • Import SVG • Copy vectors to clipboard • New transform features
- Getting Started with FontCreator 10 • Setting Program Options, Starting a new Font Project, Font Properties, Metrics and Guidelines, Toolbars and Palettes, Samples Toolbar, Importing SVG and Bitmap Images, Free Draw Tool, Inserting Contours, Export Settings, Exporting Fonts.
- OpenType Layout Feature Definition Scripts • Importing a script from another type style while saving the kerning pairs.
- What's New in FontCreator 9.0? • Open Fonts or Projects from the same command • Complete Categories in the Glyph Overview • Navigate Fonts using the Preview Toolbar • View OpenType Features in the Preview and Comparison Toolbars • Personalise Fonts in more ways • Powerful OpenType Designer • Constrain Rotation of Glyphs and Cutting with the Knife Tool • Lots of Royalty Free Glyphs in the Samples Toolbar • Smoothing Contours • Customise Preview Text • Custom Subfamily Naming for Different Languages • Change Fonts to Bold with Glyph Transformer • Quick Preview of Optical Metrics and Kerning • New Kerning Wizard • Preview Effects of OpenType Features in OpenType Designer and Change the Order of Precedence • Assign Glyph Types Automatically
- Adding OpenType Features using FontCreator 10.1 • Clearing Existing Features • Adding Default OpenType Features with the Code Editor • Adding Features from Scratch • Adding a Kerning Feature • Creating Kerning Classes • Adding Standard and Discretionary Ligatures • Adding an Alternative Fractions Feature with a Ligature lookup table • Testing Features using the Preview Toolbar • Updated for FontCreator 10.1
- Using Kerning Classes • Using Autokern to Calculate Pair Adjustment Values • Manually Adjusting faulty pairs • Removing unused Kerning Classes • Adding Kerning Classes • Fixing errors detected by the Code Editor • Exporting and Importing OpenType Layout Feature Definitions scripts • Testing kerning pairs in the glyph edit window • Updated for FontCreator 10.1
- Editing Data Files • Copy the User Data Files, Open the User Data Folder, Edit the files in Notepad or Compare the original and new versions in ExamDiff.
- Adjustment Pairs • Scrolling through Kerning Group Adjustment Pairs to Check for Errors.
- Using the Glyph Overview • Display Format for code-points • Overview Panel • Overview Toolbar • Filter Glyphs by Tags, Character Sets, etc., • Hiding the Overview Panel • Zooming • Searching • Selecting Glyphs • Navigating Large Fonts • Changing rendering options • Updated for FontCreator 10.1
- Adding Characters • Copy and paste from an Open Source font • Copy and Paste Special • Complete Composites • Insert Characters Dialogue • Glyph Transform Scripts • Updated for FontCreator 10.1
- Adding Characters for Vietnamese Fonts • Run the Transform script, Edit the Stacking diacritical marks, Changing WinAscent, Align and Transform.