If you have any questions about this tutorial, please ask in the FontCreator Support Forum.
To see the coloured glyphs visit my Web Font Test Page using Firefox, Chrome, or Edge.
- Copy the glyph
- Insert a new glyph after it
- Paste a copy
- Repeat for the second and third copies
- Delete unused colours from the palette
- Edit the four colours that you need using a colour-picker tool
- Apply the four colours to the original and three copies from the right-click menu, Colorize to selected color
- Name the glyph copies for easy identification: I used W.init for the original, W.yellow for the light yellow member, W.ochre for the dark yellow member, and W.green for the green member.
- Open the glyph edit window and toggle off the colour mode (shortcut C) to edit each colour member
- Edit the light yellow glyph member, deleting all contours that will not be light yellow
- Move right (Alt right cursor) and repeat for the dark yellow and green members.
In the Original glyph, show the Members toolbar, and insert the other three coloured members. Stage 5:
Change the stacking order to move the green above the brown, the ochre above the green, and the yellow above the ochre. Users of FontCreator 9.0 can open my attached Project file (Odana.fcp) to see exactly how the coloured glyphs are designed. Users of earlier versions can obtain the exported OpenType font from my Free Fonts Page.