Find erroneous glyph via Validator

We will move topics to this forum, once we've implemented the requested feature(s) and/or enhancement(s).
Brother Gabriel-Marie

Find erroneous glyph via Validator

Post by Brother Gabriel-Marie »

Say you use the global validation option, and a list is produced for you of all the various glyphs with their corresponding errors.

Now wouldn't it be so nice if you had an option to click somewhere in that error-reporting box and jump right to the glyph with the error in it?

Or at least minimize this window so you can retain the report without having to save it - it would be nice if you could highlight the glyph at least.

God bless!
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Yes. Requested several times already — both methods.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Brother Gabriel-Marie

Great! Then you can know if your request is a good one if you get multiple requests for it! Perhaps it would have been better if I had searched out the thread first and posted a reply to it. Sorry for the clutter.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Find erroneous glyph via Validator

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

FontCreator 10.1 does this very neatly.

After running the font validator, a category appears in the Glyph Overview side-panel. Open one of the glyphs in the Glyph Edit Window to fix it, and scroll through the others using the Keyboard shortcut Alt Right/Left or the toolbar buttons.
Validation Issues.png
Validation Issues.png (11.08 KiB) Viewed 7530 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Brother Gabriel-Marie

Re: Find erroneous glyph via Validator

Ah, yes, I wish I had version 10, but I haven't been invited to the beta testing for awhile now.

But I'm glad it works now!