Classed-based Kerning

We will move topics to this forum, once we've implemented the requested feature(s) and/or enhancement(s).
Jared

Classed-based Kerning

Post by Jared »

I'm not sure if any of these ideas have been mentioned already (forgive me if they have), but here are a few that I think could help users who sets up and edits thousands of pairs manually.

Custom Groups: Where the user can create groups and assign pairs to individual groups that share a global kerning value.

Character Search: Where a simple glyph search can be performed and the results listed in a column, with a search option for left, right or both.

More Kerning Window Options: Like a re-sizable window and maybe showing multiple kerning pair columns.

I've been using FontCreator Pro pretty heavily, I like the ease of use but I wish it had some kind of basic ligature support.
Thanks for a nice product guys.
Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala on Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Kerning Window

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Jared wrote:I'm not sure if any of these ideas have been mentioned already (forgive me if they have), but here are a few that I think could help users who sets up and edits thousands of pairs manually.
A search of this forum for "kerning" would have found a few threads including this one.

Its definitely on the radar as one of the things that need to be improved. So too is the request for ligatures (search for "OpenType").

Typing in the Kerning dialogue while focus is in the kerning pairs columns will find the first character of kerning pairs. The search is case-sensitive.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Jared

Re: Kerning Window

Post by Jared »

Thanks Bhikkhu, Yeah I came across some of those threads, I didn't see anything too specific for what I had in mind, but it addressed some of the issues I was having with the autokern feature as well. The type to find feature is handy I probably make use of it on a daily basis, it helps getting around an insane number of kerning pairs.