Auto Backup Before Performing Transformations

We will move topics to this forum, once we've implemented the requested feature(s) and/or enhancement(s).
SteveMB

Auto Backup Before Performing Transformations

Post by SteveMB »

In general, you probably want to make an extra backup copy of the file before doing something you can't undo.

(Actually, an option to create a pre-transform backup copy of the file might be a good option to add to the "This operation cannot be undone - Are you sure you want to do this?" screen.)
Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Auto Backup Before Performing Transformations

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I got into the habit of saving the file before performing transformations, but I agree it would be better to offer the option to the user along with the warning.

Providing an undo option has been requested before, of course, but it could cause problems with memory requirements on large fonts. Please see this earlier post and the following one by Erwin.

I would be happy with an autosave feature in case I forget.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: × Auto Backup Before Performing Transformations

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

In FontCreator 12, undo is now supported for glyph transformations, so backup is no longer required.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486