Visible Tags

We will move topics to this forum, once we've implemented the requested feature(s) and/or enhancement(s).
PJMiller
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Visible Tags

Post by PJMiller »

It would be nice if there could be an indication in the edit window if a glyph has been tagged. It only needs to be small and subtle, something like a line of the same colour as the tag in the tab at the top of the edit window or something gets changed to be the same colour as the tag.

Preferably not too far away from the window so it is within my peripheral vision so that I don't have to look away too much. This would be useful when scanning through glyphs some of which have been marked for attention, it would mean that I don't have to keep going back to the glyph overview window as much.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Visible Tags

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

The Tagging shortcuts don't work in the Glyph Edit window either, which is not a problem IMO.

The most obvious place to show the Tagged status is in the Statusbar, although that can be hidden (F4), as can the Glyph Properties dialogue (F3).

The Overview Toolbar might benefit from a drop list for tags, but that is inactive in the Glyph Edit Window.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
PJMiller
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by PJMiller »

I wasn't thinking of tagging glyphs whilst editing, just of having some visible indication of their tagged status whilst scanning through them with ALT ->.
PJMiller
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by PJMiller »

This suggestion is not really a big deal as there is a good workaround which I often use (at least since discovering it in Bhikkhu's excellent videos).

If you copy the problem glyphs to the preview pane (select them and press 'P') then you can click on the glyph in the preview pane and that glyph is selected in the edit window if you have it open, so you just work through them that way.

But it would be nice to have a visible indication of the tag colour in the edit window. Erwin, if this request is complicated to implement or you don't think it has any value then don't bother.

:wink:
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

This has now been implemented with the release of FontCreator 10.0.

Not only are the tags indicated in the Glyph Editor Window by a coloured line on the tab, but the Ctrl+1 to Ctrl+5 Shortcuts also work to tag and untag glyphs in both the Overview and Glyph Edit Window.
Tagged Glyphs.png
Tagged Glyphs.png (14.53 KiB) Viewed 5475 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486