Modifying glyph names

We will move topics to this forum, once we've implemented the requested feature(s) and/or enhancement(s).
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Modifying glyph names

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

There have been a lot of feature requests for more keyboard shortcuts over the years, and many have been added, but there are only so many that can be assigned before one runs out of easy to use shortcuts.

For example, Ctrl+E might be your preferred choice for Editing glyph names, but it is already assigned to Export Settings (the Help file is out-of-date here). Ctrl+Shift+E is also already taken.

Making shortcuts editable is perhaps the best way to please the most users, but it has not happened yet after many years. I don't see it happening. Only a year ago, I suggested it, but Erwin said that it was not feasible.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Hafonton
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Hafonton »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:53 pm There have been a lot of feature requests for more keyboard shortcuts over the years, and many have been added, but there are only so many that can be assigned before one runs out of easy to use shortcuts.

For example, Ctrl+E might be your preferred choice for Editing glyph names, but it is already assigned to Export Settings (the Help file is out-of-date here). Ctrl+Shift+E is also already taken.

Making shortcuts editable is perhaps the best way to please the most users, but it has not happened yet after many years. I don't see it happening. Only a year ago, I suggested it, but Erwin said that it was not feasible.
I understand.

I see that this thread has moved to Implemented Feature Requests forum. was this intentional? (because I didn't see this feature in FC12.0.0.2547
Lancer21

Post by Lancer21 »

If having an option to edit shortcuts is impossible, would it be possible to have a standard set of unchangeable shortcuts plus the opportunity to create new ones for other actions if the user wants to do that?
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Hafonton wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:42 pmI see that this thread has moved to Implemented Feature Requests forum. was this intentional? (because I didn't see this feature in FC12.0.0.2547
The feature request for Modifying Glyph Names has been implemented.

Customisable Shortcuts may not be feasible.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486