Unicode 9.0 is likely to be released tomorrow, and will include 7,500 new characters.
The new scripts and characters in Version 9.0 add support for lesser-used languages worldwide, including:
- Osage, a Native American language
- Nepal Bhasa, a language of Nepal
- Fulani and other African languages
- The Bravanese dialect of Swahili, used in Somalia
- The Warsh orthography for Arabic, used in North and West Africa
- Tangut, a major historic script of China
Important symbol additions include:
- 19 symbols for the new 4K TV standard
- 72 emoji characters (faces, people, hand gestures, plants, animals, food and drink, sports, and smilies)
Discussions about the development of TrueType and OpenType fonts.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests