[CLOSED] Screwed‐up numeric input

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
Typewhisperer

[CLOSED] Screwed‐up numeric input

Post by Typewhisperer »

When inputting a numeric value in the Scale and Transformation numeric fields in the Composite Glyph Properties dialog box, the entered digits get all scrambled up in an apparently haphazard way. On inspection, it turns out thereʼs actually a system to it: After selecting the original value [usually 1.0000], the first digit is accepted all right, but the next digit gets placed BEFORE the first digit, instead of AFTER it. In any case the field initially only accepts two digits, then the cursor jumps before the leftmost digit and refuses to accept more digits. You can only enter more digits by selecting the digit after the last one you entered and then typing it.

I wonder if this behavior has anything to do with left‐to‐right/right‐to‐left text input options.

This is merely a nuisance, but Iʼve had this problem throughout all the versions I used, so I wondered if it werenʼt time to finally do something about it. As I tend to use the keyboard a lot, it interrupts my workflow every time I use the Composite Glyph Properties dialog box. Thx in advance!
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Screwed‐up numeric input

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

If I remember rightly, this is due to a Windows control, and so is hard to fix.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Hafonton
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Hafonton »

This is not the ideal solution, but perhaps try to use the Home and End buttons on your keyboard to better control your cursor position.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I am not able to reproduce this issue with FontCreator 14.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology