[NO BUG] Press gray + key for double zoom?

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
WipfAndStock

[NO BUG] Press gray + key for double zoom?

Post by WipfAndStock »

I reported this to the programmer but he didn't believe me. Can some users of FC 6.0 or 6.1 try the following test?

With FC 6.0/6.1 running, and a font file open, and a letter in the editor, press the GRAY + (plus) key on your NUMERIC KEYPAD. Does the zoom that results zoom only once, or twice? When I tap the GRAY + (not the + next to the BACKSPACE key)...but rather the NUMERIC KEYPAD + key, I get a DOUBLE ZOOM, meaning, the letter zooms once, then waits a second, then zooms a second time. Oddly, when I press the gray - (minus) key it zooms OUT only once.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Press gray + key for double zoom?

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Its not a matter of not believing you, if we're unable to reproduce it then that is all we can say. It could be a sticky keyboard, or some other utility unique to your system that is duplicating the key stroke.

I seen no evidence of this behaviour here on FontCreator 6.1.

I recommend updating if you haven't done so already, then you can use a scroll wheel mouse (if you have one) to zoom in and out smoothly.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486