[FIXED] FontCreator Stalls on Installing Font

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

[FIXED] FontCreator Stalls on Installing Font

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I installed the Gorey font posted in this thread to test it.

FontCreator 6.5 (build 270) hangs on installing the font. After ending the process (not responding), the font is successfully installed.

This is repeatable.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Re: FontCreator Stalls on Installing Font

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Several people have reported issues related to installing fonts through FontCreator. It looks like something interferes with it, but we have to look into this.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
etymologos

Post by etymologos »

FC v.6.5, build 270; Windows7 Home Premium, 64bit (build7601).

The same happens to me while installing a font created by my own, but happens the first time, since the last update, hardly three weeks ago.
FontCreator could only interrupted by the operating system - the install dialog appears anew after installing the new font, but FC isn't to serve anymore.
After restart the PC I have to see, the font was correctly installed and ready to use. I have tried it again and again, while changing the font, but saw always the same result:
FC hangs up itself, still showing the install dialog like before, but isn't to serve anymore.

Cause of Erwin has said, it seems to interfere with something, I thought this could be another FontViewer beside MainType - perhaps the stupid FontViewer from CorelDraw
GraphikSuite X6 (my last Downlod). So I have uninstalled the FontViewer (the "Font Navigator" from "Bitstream") and tried FC again: The same result like before!

What can I try now?

(PS.: If you wonder about my english speaking, please remember I am a german guy, sorry)
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Until this bug is located and fixed, I wouldn't bother using FontCreator to install fonts — there are plenty of other ways. I use MainType, but you can just open the Windows Font Folder and do it from there. Windows Key + R, type "Fonts", Enter. Then File, Install new font.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
etymologos

Post by etymologos »

Thank you very much for the fast reply.
Next time I will install new fonts using MainType (or Windows Install dialog). MainType runs very well.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

If you still are running version 6, then either upgrade to FontCreator 7, or download and install the fix from this url:
http://www.high-logic.com/utils/FontInstallerSetup.exe

Do let us know your results.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Installing fonts seems to work fine for me using FontCreator 7.

The font was already installed, so I selected the option to launch MainType to uninstall it and remove the old version completely. The wizard then successfully installed the new version.