[FIXED] Problem with AutoMetrics

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
Mike Thompson
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

[FIXED] Problem with AutoMetrics

Post by Mike Thompson »

Dell Inspiron Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.8GHz Vista Home Premium (woe is me)

The first time I ran Autometriccs, I was fascinated as to what glyph it would work on next...
so that when the next glyph ( it was into punctuation maybe ']' ) was likely to be under the AutoMetrics dialog, I attempted to move the dialog box. It disappeared! It wasn't hidden
it was gone. The cpu usage stayed at about 90% so maybe it was still running somewhere.

Closed Font Creator without saving project, reopened and started Autometrics again.
It got to 'u' and then an error appeared 'Windows Restarting' I think. The Autometrics
dialog said 'Not Responding' in the title bar.

Closed Font Creator again. No message this time asking if I wanted to save.
Reopened again and ran Autometrics. I was able to move the Autometrics dialog around OK.
The process got as far as the euro glyph then the dialog closed itself. No message.

How can I tell if Autometrics did anything?
Mike
Mike Thompson
Hebrew Font Design
http://hebrew-font-shuneet.com
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Problem with AutoMetrics

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Presumably you mean Optical Metrics, not Autometrics?

I expect Erwin ill need your font. Is there anything unusual about the [] glyphs in the font?
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Mike Thompson
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Mike Thompson »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:Presumably you mean Optical Metrics, not Autometrics?
Yes
Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:anything unusual about the [] glyphs in the font?
No I don't think so I suspect the processing got that far by chance as on another try
it got as far as the euro glyph.

Mike
Mike Thompson
Hebrew Font Design
http://hebrew-font-shuneet.com
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Can you send the font file to me, so I can try to reproduce the issue?
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Mike Thompson wrote:The first time I ran Autometriccs, I was fascinated as to what glyph it would work on next...
so that when the next glyph ( it was into punctuation maybe ']' ) was likely to be under the AutoMetrics dialog, I attempted to move the dialog box. It disappeared! It wasn't hidden
it was gone. The cpu usage stayed at about 90% so maybe it was still running somewhere.
Was it the general Windows CPU usage or specific for FontCreator?
Mike Thompson wrote:Closed Font Creator without saving project, reopened and started Autometrics again.
It got to 'u' and then an error appeared 'Windows Restarting' I think. The Autometrics
dialog said 'Not Responding' in the title bar.
I don't understand this, as our software should never mentioned something related to restarting Windows. Next time please let us know the exact error message, or even better send us a screen shot.
Mike Thompson wrote:Closed Font Creator again. No message this time asking if I wanted to save.
Reopened again and ran Autometrics. I was able to move the Autometrics dialog around OK.
The process got as far as the euro glyph then the dialog closed itself. No message.
The Euro is actually the last one, so it finished successfully. The progress was not set correctly, so it looks like you are only half way, while it is actually at the end of the task. We'll fix it in the next upcoming maintenance release.
Mike Thompson wrote:How can I tell if Autometrics did anything?
When you hover over the undo buttion you'll see "Undo Automatic Metrics".
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology