[Resolved] Access Violation at address

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
maphew

[Resolved] Access Violation at address

Post by maphew »

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed FontCreator on Windows7 x64, loaded a font, changed a single glyph name and then tried to export to TTF. When I do I get the error "Access Violation at address 00AF8B92 in module 'FontCreator.exe'. Read of address 00000000.". Here's a screenshot:

Not a great first impression. ;-)

Any idea what's up?
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Access Violation at address

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I expect the developers will need the font to see what the problem is.

Did you select any Export settings for the font from the File menu? If so, what were they?
Font Export Settings.png
Font Export Settings.png (14.19 KiB) Viewed 15095 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

This is really bad. Please send us the font file which hopefully allows us to reproduce the bug.

Can you also let us know what version of FontCreator you used? You can see the exact version in the about box.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
maphew

Post by maphew »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:I expect the developers will need the font to see what the problem is.

Did you select any Export settings for the font from the File menu? If so, what were they?
Font Export Settings.png
I didn't see that dialog at all.
maphew

Post by maphew »

Erwin Denissen wrote:This is really bad. Please send us the font file which hopefully allows us to reproduce the bug.

Can you also let us know what version of FontCreator you used? You can see the exact version in the about box.
I'm not at that computer right now so can't give the exact version #, but I downloaded and installed FC about 2 hours before the message was posted.

The font is "wkhanima.ttf", which is part of the Wildlife Key Area package downloadable from http://www.env.gov.yk.ca/publications-m ... s_data.php
maphew

Post by maphew »

Erwin Denissen wrote:This is really bad. Please send us the font file which hopefully allows us to reproduce the bug.

whups, not quite correct. The wkhanima.ttf referred to in my previous message is an older version, there is another one of the same name with a single new glyph ("eight") included, and the name for "A" (capital) incorrectly set to "null" or "undefined" -- that's what I was attempting to use FontCreator to fix.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I've contacted you to further investigate the problem.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Thank you for sending the font file to me. Since it exports just fine on my computer, I guess we have fixed this issue in the mean time. So please update to the latest version of FontCreator, and try again.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
marc

Post by marc »

i have a similar problem using the latest version 7.0.0 (build 384)
Attachments
errormessage.jpg
errormessage.jpg (65.49 KiB) Viewed 14996 times
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Please send the font project to me so I can look into this.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
lionheart44

Post by lionheart44 »

it looks like these posts are kind of old, but i too get that same error. can some one please help. i can send the project to the moderator if you can PM me or give me an email address or link to send to.

Thanks in advance
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

If you get this same error with version 7.5, then please send the file(s) to me.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
LeonardCRC

Post by LeonardCRC »

I just downloaded and installed FontCreator on Windows XP, loaded a font (hand-writing font created in a web site), only aligned the characters without changing anything else and then tried to save a new TTF file. When I do I get the error "Access Violation at address 0074385B in module 'Font Creator.exe'. Read of address 00000008" :(

I'm using Font Creator version 8.0.0 (build 1200)

Can some one please help? I can send the project file to the moderator if you can PM me or give me an email to send it
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Thanks for sending the project file. It's exporting OK in the latest build, so Erwin will be able to help you tomorrow.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

There is nothing wrong with these font files, so you must be doing something you forgot to tell us. I suggest you download and install FontCreator from our download page :)
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology