[Resolved] Access Violation at address

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Access Violation at address

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

LeonardCRC wrote:I'm using Font Creator version 8.0.0 (build 1200)
I also tested with a fresh install of build 1200, and there is no error with the project file provided, nor if I open the TTF and export that to a new file without any changes.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
LeonardCRC

Post by LeonardCRC »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote: I also tested with a fresh install of build 1200, and there is no error with the project file provided, nor if I open the TTF and export that to a new file without any changes.
Erwin Denissen wrote:There is nothing wrong with these font files, so you must be doing something you forgot to tell us. I suggest you download and install FontCreator from our download page :)
Thanks for the tips, guys! I uninstalled and reinstalled FontCreator from the download page, and surprisingly, it created a TTF file. :D
However, it's incomplete. Accents and other characters don't appear in the font file, but these characters appear when I see the preview in FontCreator :?

I don't know if the fact that I'm using the evaluation version is related or if I'm doing something wrong :(
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Are you serious?

The evaluation version doesn't export fonts, so you are again not being honest, but still expect we spend time to help :(
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

LeonardCRC wrote:Thanks for the tips, guys! I uninstalled and reinstalled FontCreator from the download page, and surprisingly, it created a TTF file. :D
However, it's incomplete. Accents and other characters don't appear in the font file, but these characters appear when I see the preview in FontCreator :?

I don't know if the fact that I'm using the evaluation version is related or if I'm doing something wrong :(
Of course, it comes as no surprise to us that the official download version works. I wonder where you obtained your broken version from?

I am always glad to help users who are using the evaluation version, as long as they do intend to buy it if it suits their needs. Helping users who don't even read the FAQ is wearing a bit thin.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
LeonardCRC

Post by LeonardCRC »

I think I could blame Google for taking me to some random site to download the evaluation version... :roll: As soon as I find the link again, I'll send it to you.

You know ... Before you buy, you must try ,but I'm sure if FontCreator suits my needs, I'll buy it undoubtedly :)
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Please stop making excuses, you downloaded the illegal copy which most likely infected your computer with malware and other nasty stuff. The people behind such illegal copies make millions, we get nothing but people who ask for support :cry:
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
LeonardCRC

Post by LeonardCRC »

Erwin Denissen wrote:Please stop making excuses, you downloaded the illegal copy which most likely infected your computer with malware and other nasty stuff. The people behind such illegal copies make millions, we get nothing but people who ask for support :cry:
I told you via mail that I have no reason to lie to you, nor to be dishonest. I never would download something that would damage my computer. :| Now, I got the font I wanted thanks to a friend I met on this forum and he has the full version, and who showed me all the great things one can do with FontCreator, which I'm still interested in acquiring it

I am completely grateful for the help I have received in this forum, but harsh responses like this one make me think not to ask for help again :(

Anyway, I thank you not only for the professional support I received during my stay here, but also because in this forum I found a friend. Best wishes and thanks for everything :D