[FIXED] Adding Automatic Opentype Features with FC pro 8.

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
delins

[FIXED] Adding Automatic Opentype Features with FC pro 8.

Post by delins »

Hi. I've now just upgraded to the latest version, but what I notice is that opentype features like fractions and discretionary ligatures are no longer added automatically, which wasn't the case with 7.5 version. Actually, I couldn't add any opentype feature automatically, testing with ctrl F5 just shows kern, and no other feature...
I remember with 7.5, even if I add a character from private use area, and name it zero.dnom, after pressing ctrl F5, it would show that I already have denominators feature (well of course it's not complete yet, but at least it would show it.. ).
With the version 8, even if I have characters named f_i, f_f_i... it still isn't showing them after pressing ctrl F5, only kern, and nothing else...

What am I doing wrong?
Export settings are set to default script, not custom..
I have the latest version of Chrome...
This link says that some features can be added automatically: http://www.high-logic.com/fontcreator/otlf/features.xml, but even if I create every required glyph, still nothing...

Thank you.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Adding Automatic Opentype Features with FC pro 8.

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

It seems that something is broken, as the default.otlfd script is still there in the FontCreator folder, and still contains many features.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
delins

Post by delins »

Thanks for the reply.
I'd really appreciate if someone told me what could be broken, cause I tried to re-install the program, but nothing changed, still no opentype features...
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I don't think you're doing anything wrong — I get the same result. It looks like a bug to me.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I moved the topic to bug reports.

The other bug about caps height metrics is known.
León Fridsma

Post by León Fridsma »

Appears to be working fine here, could you please send us your font/project file so we can see what is going wrong?
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I have sent my project by email. The exported Truetype Font is included — it contains no GSUB tables, and was exported using the Default script setting.
delins

Post by delins »

Thank you, Bhikkhu.
I can upolad a screenshot about cap and x-height:Image
And about automatic opentype features, it should work if I create a new project, open glyph transformer, run a scipt (let's say discretionary ligatures script), apply it, and when hitting ctrl F5 I should be seeing dlig feature, yes? But that's not happening somehow...
If it's a bug, how long does it usually take for a bug to get fixed? Opentype features can be added manually, but not being able to change cap and x-height kinda stops everything...
Please answer this, cause I will need a downgrade if it takes too much time.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

delins wrote:And about automatic opentype features, it should work if I create a new project, open glyph transformer, run a script (let's say discretionary ligatures script), apply it, and when hitting ctrl F5 I should be seeing dlig feature, yes? But that's not happening somehow...
Running a Transform script just adds the dlig glyphs to the font, but if there's a bug the default script is not adding the tables as it should. Try importing the default.otlfd file into the Layout Feature Editor, and use the Custom script export setting if you cannot wait.
delins wrote:If it's a bug, how long does it usually take for a bug to get fixed? Opentype features can be added manually, but not being able to change cap and x-height kinda stops everything... Please answer this, cause I will need a downgrade if it takes too much time.
High-Logic fix bugs promptly, sometimes within hours. A minor update for 8.0 will be released soon (this week I suspect if it's ready) that fixes the Caps Height bug.
León Fridsma

Post by León Fridsma »

This bug is now confirmed, and will be fixed tomorrow. For some weird reason testing the font as WOFF appears to work fine...
León Fridsma

Post by León Fridsma »

This bug has been fixed and will be available in the upcoming maintenance release. While I was at it I also added the default script "default.otlfd" to the list of user-editable files in the userdata folder.