[CLOSED] Crashing Xerox network controller

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
MichaelFuller

[CLOSED] Crashing Xerox network controller

Post by MichaelFuller »

Has anyone else reported High Logic fonts crashing a Xerox network controller for its printer/copiers? This started for me with fonts regenerated with Version 8.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Crashing Xerox network controller

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

A search found this earlier post.

Perhaps it's a memory issue? How big are the fonts before and after editing with FontCreator?
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
MichaelFuller

Post by MichaelFuller »

The fonts aren't very big (the biggest is just 86k). In order to handle ligatures, I converted them from TrueType to OpenType, but they print fine on a variety of printers and used to print on the Xerox Work Centre 5775. The problem started with the upgrade to 7.0, but that may have been mere coincidence if the Xerox people swapped out the network controller card at the same time (which is possible since I recall we had some other problems). The printer gives no useful diagnostics: the network card crashes and reboots but with no crash information saved. It crashes if I use either the PCL6 or the PostScript driver In any case, I'll reinstall FontCreator 6.5, rebuild the fonts with it and retest. I'll report back the results.
MichaelFuller

Post by MichaelFuller »

Oops. FontCreator 8.0 was when the problem started, and I'll reinstall 7.5. (Off a digit, working from fallible memory)
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

We would like to know if this is due to a bug in FontCreator, so can you please contact us?
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology