[CLOSED] Lost dialog boxes.

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
PJMiller
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

[CLOSED] Lost dialog boxes.

Post by PJMiller »

Sometimes some of the toolbars get lost.

At the moment the Validation toolbar is missing but it can be any of them. This only happens when I swap monitors on my laptop. It never happens on the desktop system because that has a fixed set of monitors and they never change.

The laptop is used with a variety of different sized monitors and sometimes when swapping monitors one or more of the dialog boxes (toolbars) disappear. I think what is happening is that it's position is somewhere off one of the screens but once it has disappeared even swapping back to the biggest monitor doesn't bring it back. Clicking on view or pressing F7 doesn't bring it back. Once it has happened it persists.

What does bring them back is completely uninstalling and re-installing Font Creator.

It would be nice if there were an option to reset the positions of the dialog boxes (toolbars) to their default positions on the main monitor (even if that option was buried somewhere out of the way in the 'Options' dialog box).

Either that or let me know where the dialog box position data is stored so I can erase it.
Erwin Denissen

Re: Lost dialog boxes.

Post by Erwin Denissen »

You can reset most options to default while keeping ctrl pressed on starting FontCreator.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Have a look in the Windows Registry if you're happy messing with it. Export the key as a backup first.

Restoring Windows and Toolbars
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
PJMiller
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by PJMiller »

Thankyou both for your suggestions, I have got my Validation window back without a re-installation using Erwins suggestion.

However it did reset more than I was expecting, but that isn't a problem.

I am happy to mess about with the registry and will save a registry entries file for each of the different setups I use. Thanks Bhikkhu Pesala.