Disabling real-time validation disables "Correct contour directions" button

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
nabsltd

Disabling real-time validation disables "Correct contour directions" button

Post by nabsltd »

In FontCreator 11.5.0.2427 (64-bit):

If real-time validation is disabled for any reason (either through manually turning it off using the button in the validation window, or by rule because the glyph exceeds the number of points, contours, or members), then the "Correct contour directions" button is disabled. None of the other buttons that fix problems (Remove empty components, Remove redundant points, etc.) are disabled incorrectly because of this bug.
Erwin Denissen

Re: Disabling real-time validation disables "Correct contour directions" button

Post by Erwin Denissen »

We can confirm it isn't very intuitive but need to look into it to see if we have to disable the other fix features as well.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
nabsltd

Re: Disabling real-time validation disables "Correct contour directions" button

Post by nabsltd »

Erwin Denissen wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:02 am We can confirm it isn't very intuitive but need to look into it to see if we have to disable the other fix features as well.
The other features disable themselves correctly if real-time validation is disabled by the point/contour count set in options, because the things they fix don't seem to be checked for.

I think the real issue is that if I do a manual refresh on a single glyph, then the numbers in the options should be ignored. The whole point of those numbers is to keep the program responsive when I am moving points/contours. But, if I click "Refresh", I want to know if there are any errors, even if the glyph has more points/contours than the options settings allow for real-time validation.