Indic Shaping Engine working?

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
graphity

Indic Shaping Engine working?

Post by graphity »

Hi, I'm not sure whether this is due to something I am doing (or not doing) but I am having trouble getting the shaping for a Devanagari font to work in Preview and the OpenType Designer. I am absolutely positive that this was working with the same font in previous versions of FontCreator. I can't remember doing anything different to what I've always done. I am using the latest version of FontCreator Professional Edition (11.5.0.2427 64-bit). I am in the latest Windows 10 Home Premium release 17134.rs4_release 180410-1804.
The Syntax Check shows no syntax errors and the font compiles. The "_shaper" box is ticked and all relevant features are ticked. Other features in the font eg mark positioning etc seem to preview OK but basic shaping functions such as the re-positioning of the reph and I-loop don't work. These particular shaping functions (reph and I-loop re-positioning etc) work fine when the same font is used in Word etc but not in FontCreator. As I said, I'm positive they used to.
I can send the font so you can see what's happening for yourself but as it is a commercial project in beta development I can only send it privately - Please advise how I can send it to you. Thanks and Regards, Kevin.
Erwin Denissen

Re: Indic Shaping Engine working?

Post by Erwin Denissen »

The shaping engine currently doesn't fully support Devanagari fonts. We will consider adding such support if more customers request to add it.

For now you can use FontCreator's Test TTF/OTF feature (F5). This also allows you to quickly test fonts with other software, as the font is loaded into Windows as well.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology