[FIXED] Colour Metrics Conflicts

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

[FIXED] Colour Metrics Conflicts

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I cannot see what they are, but my new colour glyphs suffer from "Color Metrics Conflicts."

This usually happens because of different advance widths, but all are the same = 1674 funits.

A possible bug with font validation is that it will correct contour directions for coloured glyphs, which will break them as colour glyph components should sometimes have reversed contours.

Perhaps the validation check should skip colour glyph components?

I attach my project file.
Attachments
Verajja Regular.fcp
(500.59 KiB) Downloaded 298 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Re: Colour Metrics Conflicts

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:22 am I cannot see what they are, but my new colour glyphs suffer from "Color Metrics Conflicts."

This usually happens because of different advance widths, but all are the same = 1674 funits.
Nothing wrong with the glyphs. We'll have this bug fixed with the next upcoming release.
Bhikkhu Pesala wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:22 am A possible bug with font validation is that it will correct contour directions for coloured glyphs, which will break them as colour glyph components should sometimes have reversed contours.

Perhaps the validation check should skip colour glyph components?
The simple glyphs should have contours with correct directions. That should not break color glyph components, as the rasterizer should take care of overlapping issues.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Colour Metrics Conflicts

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Erwin Denissen wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:15 pmThe simple glyphs should have contours with correct directions. That should not break color glyph components, as the rasterizer should take care of overlapping issues.
You seem to be correct. I thought I saw a problem earlier, but after validation and correcting the incorrect directions in the colour glyph members, all seems to be still working. Tested in Opera 12.18, which does not support colour. The fallback glyph also displays correctly.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486