[FIXED] Transform Wizard question

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
Dennis

[FIXED] Transform Wizard question

Post by Dennis »

I recently upgraded to FCP 12.0 from an older version. Previously when running the transform wizard, the last settings I used would display the next time I run it. In 12.0 I have to start all over as everything is blank. This is incredibly annoying. Is there a way around this???
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Transform Wizard question

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

The settings that you change in the Transform Wizard are only saved if you actually apply them by clicking OK. I don't think anything has changed. This behaviour is the same in 11.5.

What has changed, is that Transformations can now be undone, so you don't need to be so concerned that running the wizard might have some unwanted effects. You can run it, undo, change some values and run it again.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

For some reason no matter what I do the previous settings are kicked out and I must start over.
Untitled-2.png
Untitled-2.png (42.21 KiB) Viewed 4825 times
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Go to Tools, Options, Advanced, and Open the User Data Folder. If the Transform scripts are not there, this might be an issue with write permissions for that folder. Copy the data files and try again.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

I checked and all the scripts were there. Permissions check out properly. Not sure what changed between the previous version I was using and 12.0. This one feature significantly affects my work flow. I can use Glyph Properties without having to go into the Transform Wizard (and open up a saved preset) but I can only do one Glyph at a time.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Please give a step by step recipe with a screenshot of your Transform Wizard before you clicked on OK.

If bugs cannot be reproduced, they cannot be fixed.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I've just looked into this, and it seems to be a bug.

Right now it stores the file CurrentTransformProgram.xml in:
C:\Users\<yourname>\AppData\Roaming\FontCreator

While it should store it in:
C:\Users\<yourname>\AppData\Roaming\FontCreator12

We'll fix this with the next upcoming update, but for now you can just create the FontCreator folder, and it should then be able to store it in that folder.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology