[CLOSED] Font Creator 12.0.0 install problem

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
kmarquart

[CLOSED] Font Creator 12.0.0 install problem

Post by kmarquart »

Recently I got an update request when starting FC12. I accepted the update which downloaded as expected and started to install as it should.

After the install, (on Win7 Pro) I clicked the shortcut icon and instead of opening the application it proceeded to install again. It got to a point where it advised that a file was being used and it couldn't proceed. Using Task Manager I found FC tasks running which I then shut down. I started again but had the same install problem as before.

I then uninstalled (using Control Panel) the entire FC, removed remnants in the program/high-logic folder and started the reinstall again. However, the problem of installing instead of opening the application occurred again.

The problem was resolved by uninstalling FC again, deleting the program folder, then manually deleting all of the High-Logic/Font Creator entries in the Registry and installing FC again from scratch.

Success at last!!
Erwin Denissen

Re: Font Creator 12.0.0 install problem

Post by Erwin Denissen »

The update installer should clear a specific registry entry, so FontCreator knows the installation has been completed. In your case, for some unknown reason, the installer failed to complete, and you then ended in an endless loop.

We would like to know what file was still in use, and by what process, so we can further improve the updater.

Anyway we are glad to know you've managed to install our font editor.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology