[CLOSED] Latest update not compatible with Photoshop?

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
paddybrown

[CLOSED] Latest update not compatible with Photoshop?

Post by paddybrown »

I opened Font Creator today and there was an update available, so I downloaded it. Current version number is 12.0.0.2563 (64 bit).

I made some changes to a font I'm working on, exported it, installed it to Windows, and opened Photoshop to try it out (the previous exported version of it worked fine in Photoshop), but when I tried using the font drop-down it was blank, and Photoshop crashed. This happened a few times until I uninstalled the font, and then Photoshop worked fine. I tried exporting and installing the font again, and the same thing happened until I uninstalled the font.

If fonts created with Font Creator are not compatible with Photoshop, that's a major flaw. I hope there's a patch coming, or there's something I can do to fix it.
Erwin Denissen

Re: Latest update not compatible with Photoshop?

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Does it also happen if you open an existing font and then install it through FontCreator?
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

I tried opening an installed font, making a minor change, re-exporting and re-installing it, and it didn't crash Photoshop. So I went back and re-exported and re-installed my own font in progress, and it worked! Thanks Erwin, that seems to have fixed the problem.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I’m glad to know the problem is solved.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology