[CLOSED] Program Freezing

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
Jonne Haven

[CLOSED] Program Freezing

Post by Jonne Haven »

Hey Erwin! Hope you are well!

Just wanted to note that when the program is in the middle of exporting fonts and you minimize it by clicking on the icon in the taskbar the program then freezes.

I know I can easily avoid this but thought you'd want to know about it anyway.

Blessings,

Jonne
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Program Freezing

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I cannot minimize FontCreator at all during export. Which version are you using? Check for updates.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Jonne Haven

Post by Jonne Haven »

I'm using FontCreator 13.0.0.2678.

To minimize while exporting you have to click on the taskbar icon during export. Maybe it's not called taskbar, what ever you call the bar at the bottom of the window that has the start menu on it.

Hope that helps, it'd be nice to be able to minimize when I'm multitasking.

Blessings,

Jonne
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I understand how to minimise an application from the taskbar, but it does not work when the export process is running, and FontCreator does not freeze. One can still use Alt+Tab to switch to other applications.

It might be helpful to some users if FontCreator could do more than one thing at a time, but with my single-core processor I doubt if it would make any difference to me.

To be able to edit another font while running the font validator wizard etc., might help a few users.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Jonne Haven

Post by Jonne Haven »

Ah, you are right my friend. I have a third party app running my taskbar and it allows me to do things I guess the normal taskbar won't because after I closed the app and tried to minimize FontCreator I was unable to. I doubt that Erwin would want to go out of his way just for my third party program but in case he does it's called NextSTART by Winstep.

Blessings,

Jonne