[CLOSED] unable to install

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
woosloo

[CLOSED] unable to install

Post by woosloo »

Hi, I am unable to install the trial version of Windows 10 pro 64bit. I get the the following error
Screenshot 2021-06-14 075555.png
Screenshot 2021-06-14 075555.png (13.27 KiB) Viewed 2277 times
Erwin Denissen

Re: unable to install

Post by Erwin Denissen »

It should work just fine, unless you have manually deleted part of the software, or if you are using some registry cleaner or other smart software that tries to remove software.

In your case, either reinstall, and then uninstall the software, or manually delete these folders:
C:\Program Files\High-Logic FontCreator
C:\Users\YourName\Documents\FontCreator
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
woosloo

Post by woosloo »

I can't uninstall as it won't install - the folders you mention aren't present as I can't even get that far. The error occurs as soon as I click on exe file (including run as administrator). The installation process doesn't begin and fail, it doesn't even start. Tried installing with all AV/cleaner software turned off, make no difference. No problem installing fontlab trial or other software - just this.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

From where did you download the installer? What is its size on disk?

20.5 MB (21,565,440 bytes) (Updated)
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

woosloo wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:14 am I can't uninstall as it won't install - the folders you mention aren't present as I can't even get that far. The error occurs as soon as I click on exe file (including run as administrator). The installation process doesn't begin and fail, it doesn't even start. Tried installing with all AV/cleaner software turned off, make no difference. No problem installing fontlab trial or other software - just this.
I misread your post, as I thought you already installed it, but uninstall failed. Sorry about the confusion :oops:
woosloo wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:57 am Hi, I am unable to install the trial version of Windows 10 pro 64bit.
The latest versions of our software are fully compatible with Windows 10. We even have older versions running just fine, so maybe your installer is corrupt.

Do try this direct link:
FontCreator 64-bit Most Recent Version
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology