[CLOSED] Decimal axis location

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
File_xor

[CLOSED] Decimal axis location

Post by File_xor »

I can't edit master with decimal axis location(such as 0.71429).

Also, textbox in variations window and default value in axis value properties doesn't accept sufficient precision (5.5 digits in decimal is needed).
Erwin Denissen

Re: Decimal axis location

Post by Erwin Denissen »

That is strange.

Maybe we have an issue with international value settings.

We have these system settings for Number values:
Numbers.png
Numbers.png (217.33 KiB) Viewed 2556 times
Also be aware internally variable font locations are stored in a specific format that has limitations.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
File_xor

Post by File_xor »

I clicked refresh(I guess) button in Masters and Layers window and now the glyph is editable.
Thanks anyway.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

File_xor wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:02 pm I clicked refresh(I guess) button in Masters and Layers window and now the glyph is editable.
Thanks anyway.
When you click that button it will re-interpolate glyph outlines for the selected master. You can do this for multiple glyphs by selecting them in the Font Overview panel. if a glyph has no layer for the master, it will be added.

This is not related to the issue you initially mentioned, unless I misunderstand it. Which seems likely, so please further explain the initial problem.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
File_xor

Post by File_xor »

I found that I didn't add the layer after adding master but these masters are visible in Masters and Layers window when you're in font overview tab.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

File_xor wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:37 pm I found that I didn't add the layer after adding master but these masters are visible in Masters and Layers window when you're in font overview tab.
Thank you. I now understand what you did.

When you add a New Empty Master through the Masters tab on the Font Properties panel, all outlines still lack outlines for the new master. If you want to start with a copy of another master, then select the appropriate one from the popup menu.

Otherwise within the Font Overview panel select all glyphs and then click the [+] sign to add an empty outline for a specific master.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology