[CLOSED] Rounding off various dimensions

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
miracle_hoshi

[CLOSED] Rounding off various dimensions

Post by miracle_hoshi »

I use the vector tool to create dot-shaped fonts, so I have to spend a lot of time making sure the snaps are correct.

However, often times, a rectangle is marked as correct even though it does not fit exactly the same size.

Here is an example. All figures are marked as correct, despite not actually matching the guides.

I spend quite a bit of time checking for these errors during font creation. Because if one goes wrong, all the other fonts have to be corrected as well.

Please add an option to adjust the snap distance so that it snaps at a greater distance, write the number to the nearest decimal point, or create a rounding function.

Or, in the case above, let it automatically adjust to match the snap.

or it would be nice if the dimensions were displayed to the decimal point.

download
https://stellnya.duckdns.org/gak.fcp
Erwin Denissen

Re: Rounding off various dimensions

Post by Erwin Denissen »

miracle_hoshi wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:49 pm I use the vector tool to create dot-shaped fonts, so I have to spend a lot of time making sure the snaps are correct.

However, often times, a rectangle is marked as correct even though it does not fit exactly the same size.

Here is an example. All figures are marked as correct, despite not actually matching the guides.
This can happen when you scale a contour.
miracle_hoshi wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:49 pm Please add an option to adjust the snap distance so that it snaps at a greater distance, write the number to the nearest decimal point, or create a rounding function.
In point mode, right-click and select Round XY Coordinates.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology