[FIXED] Insert Contour tool connecting the wrong points

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
X0n0a

[FIXED] Insert Contour tool connecting the wrong points

Post by X0n0a »

I'm trying to create a single line font, and have set the options to allow open contours and to export in single stroke mode.

The problem I have is that if I draw a shape using the Insert Contour tool with more than two points it will sometimes (more often than not) connect the wrong points. Like if I draw points in the upper right, then lower left, then lower middle, then middle right, it connects the points from the first point to the last point, then 3 and 2. This means that I have to manually move all the point to arrange them back in the correct orientation. Is there an option to prevent this behavior? I want the points I draw to be connected in the order in which they were drawn, as was shown while they were being drawn, instead of randomly changing as soon as I hit enter. If my explanation was unclear I can link imgur screenshots of what I mean.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Insert Contour tool connecting the wrong points

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I can confirm the behaviour in FontCreator 14. You can upload screenshots using the Attachments tab below the edit message box.
Insert Contour.png
Insert Contour.png (15.26 KiB) Viewed 1902 times
Apply Open Contour.png
Apply Open Contour.png (13.59 KiB) Viewed 1902 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Re: Insert Contour tool connecting the wrong points

Post by Erwin Denissen »

X0n0a wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:31 pm I'm trying to create a single line font, and have set the options to allow open contours and to export in single stroke mode.

The problem I have is that if I draw a shape using the Insert Contour tool with more than two points it will sometimes (more often than not) connect the wrong points. Like if I draw points in the upper right, then lower left, then lower middle, then middle right, it connects the points from the first point to the last point, then 3 and 2. This means that I have to manually move all the point to arrange them back in the correct orientation. Is there an option to prevent this behavior? I want the points I draw to be connected in the order in which they were drawn, as was shown while they were being drawn, instead of randomly changing as soon as I hit enter. If my explanation was unclear I can link imgur screenshots of what I mean.
It happens when the contour direction is automatically changed. For now just change the contour direction and the point order is fixed.

Obviously this should not happen with open contours, so it will be fixed with the next upcoming release.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology