[SOLVED] Freezing and slowdown of the Version 14.0 PE

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
Ldarro

[SOLVED] Freezing and slowdown of the Version 14.0 PE

Post by Ldarro »

Hello!
After I installed the version 14.0 (Professional Edition) I faced up to numerous freezing or slowing down the FC while working on glyphs. The point is that I'm working on high detailed script (handwritten) font, and each glyph contains lot of vertexes. Especially FC lags when I work with points (vertexes), it can freeze for 5-10 secs, even as I have a new powerful PC.

But previously I successfully worked in the version 13.0.0.2683 on this font, and no lagging was at all. Unfortunately, now I cannot come back to version 13, because I saved the project file in 14 version, and it doesn't open in the previous one. :(

Dear guys, maybe there's any solutions of that slowing down, able to cure this 14.0 version's bug out?
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Freezing and slowdown of the Version 14.0 PE

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Disabling the auto-validation will make a big difference to performance in complex glyphs, or reduce the threshhold for error checking in Options, then complex glyphs will no longer be checked, but simpler ones will.

To open your font in FC13, export it as a font, open that, and save it as a FC13 project.

When upgrading, I always create a new folder, copy the projects that I want to edit to the new folder, and then edit the copies. That way, I can always backtrack to an older version. My exported fonts are stored in different folders. Installed fonts are stored in the "OpenType" folder.
FontCreator Projects.png
FontCreator Projects.png (2.01 KiB) Viewed 2163 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Ldarro

Re: Freezing and slowdown of the Version 14.0 PE

Post by Ldarro »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:50 pm Disabling the auto-validation will make a big difference to performance in complex glyphs, or reduce the threshhold for error checking in Options, then complex glyphs will no longer be checked, but simpler ones will.
Thank you! Disabling the Auto-validation solved the problem. Probably, it was switched off by default (or maybe by me) in the previous version. Thank you again and thank you for the advice, I'll make the backup copies further.

:wink: :wink: :)