[FIXED] Cannot Insert Glyphs

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
EssquePro

[FIXED] Cannot Insert Glyphs

Post by EssquePro »

I installed the latest update and now I can't insert glyphs into the file. I was going to add some alternates to the letter "A" in a font. I've tried "add before" and "add after" selected glyphs and the program does nothing other than deselect the currently selected glyph once I click the "OK" button.

Help?

Thanks in advance.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Cannot Insert Glyphs

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Confirmed here. Glyphs can be inserted at the end of the font without any issues.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
ChicoThorn

Post by ChicoThorn »

EssquePro wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 3:51 am I installed the latest update and now I can't insert glyphs into the file. I was going to add some alternates to the letter "A" in a font. I've tried "add before" and "add after" selected glyphs and the program does nothing other than deselect the currently selected glyph once I click the "OK" button.
I am having the same difficulty with the FontCreator 14.0.0.2837 64-bit update. I cannot insert glyphs in place where I want them. I checked what Bhikkhu Pesala said about them working if they're added to the end of the font, and that works for me also. But I don't want to add them to the end of the font, I want to add them just after the glyph I'm working on.

Hopefully there will be a fix for this soon. 🙂
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Here is a new release which should solve the problem.

FontCreator 14.0.0.2839 (64-bit)

Let me know your results.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
ChicoThorn

Post by ChicoThorn »

Thanks Erwin! — That seems to have done the trick! I'm able once again to insert glyphs where I'd like them to be! Thank you! 😊
EssquePro

Re: [FIXED] Cannot Insert Glyphs

Post by EssquePro »

Yes, thanks for all your hard work. Issue is fixed for me as well. :D