[CLOSED] tags

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
NinnaD

[CLOSED] tags

Post by NinnaD »

If I delete a custom tag to which a group of glyphs is assigned:
1. if the tag was last on the tag list, these glyphs retain a tag assignment (but it's invisible) - but if I then create a new tag, the contents of the deleted tag are assigned to it
2. if the tag wasn't last on the list, the entire contents of custom tags shifts one down, so the contents of the deleted tag become the contents of the next tag on the list, replacing whatever's there, and the last tag contents behaves like in the above: i.e. these glyphs retain a tag assignment (but it's invisible) - and if I then create a new tag, they are then assigned to it
Erwin Denissen

Re: tags

Post by Erwin Denissen »

The way tags are implemented is far from perfect, but it also has some benefits. Still if more people request specific changes, we will consider adding them.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
NinnaD

Post by NinnaD »

Thank you.
How about increasing a number of custom tags? While it's possible to have more than 11 (why 11?), only 11 are usable.
PJMiller
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by PJMiller »

More custom tags (or just more tags) would be useful.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

NinnaD wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 3:05 pm Thank you.
How about increasing a number of custom tags? While it's possible to have more than 11 (why 11?), only 11 are usable.
We will increase the maximum number of tags shown in the category tree view from 16 to 256.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology