[CLOSED] Floating point goes off the rails

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
Megami

[CLOSED] Floating point goes off the rails

Post by Megami »

Okay, found a new bug. Didn't report it at first, as I thought it was due to the age of my computer, but I just updated to a new system this week and it's showing the same issue. (I can provide specs for both systems if needed)

Basically, as I'm closing in on the endpoints, the floating point of the cursor goes off the rails. As the cursors didn't show up in the screen grabs, I circled where they were.
Image 1 shows where it's aligned with the end point; the red circle matches up nicely.Image

As I close up, though, the cursor and the point start to deviate. Red shows where it should be, and blue is where it actually is.
Depending on the glyph, it will show up in any number of places, usually within 1 - 5 cursor lengths of where it's actually supposed to be.

Don't know if anyone else has reported this but, again, I thought it was initially due to the age of my old system and it turned out that was not the case.
Erwin Denissen

Re: Floating point goes off the rails

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Maybe it snaps to the grid, a guideline or another point.

Can you make a sample font project with a single glyph and some basic steps for us to reproduce this?
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Megami

Re: Floating point goes off the rails

Post by Megami »

Erwin Denissen wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:18 am Maybe it snaps to the grid, a guideline or another point.

Can you make a sample font project with a single glyph and some basic steps for us to reproduce this?
I'll be streaming today and if you swing by, I can show you. Regardless, I'll create the project and steps.
Erwin Denissen

Re: [CLOSED] Floating point goes off the rails

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I think I now understand the issue and have released an update that should work better. See this topic:
Re: Three questions
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology