[FIXED] Bug: "Right To Left" Checkbox doesn't update the view until re-opening the OpenType designer

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
Hafonton
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

[FIXED] Bug: "Right To Left" Checkbox doesn't update the view until re-opening the OpenType designer

Post by Hafonton »

Problem:
"Right To Left" Checkbox doesn't update the view until re-opening the OpenType designer

Screen recording (4 minutes):
https://www.loom.com/share/1b9b8a3ed817 ... 6ec3f5803a

This isn't so bad because now I know what the problem was and how to prevent it, but its not intuitive at first sight.
Erwin Denissen

Re: Bug: "Right To Left" Checkbox doesn't update the view until re-opening the OpenType designer

Post by Erwin Denissen »

That is a bug we introduced almost a year ago, so it was about time someone reported it ;-)

Fortunately this bug did not affect the exported font, just the behaviour within the OpenType Designer. Anyway here is an update that should solve the problem.

FontCreator 14.0.0.2850 (64-bit)

Do let us know if it works.

Also important for you, this new release comes with a new Export option which is ON by default:
OptimizeStorage.png
OptimizeStorage.png (43.45 KiB) Viewed 1570 times
Since you regularly reported issues with fonts that were exported with optimized OpenType layout features, due to bugs in Adobe and Canva software, you might want to disable it.

We have reported this issue to Adobe and since then it seemed they have improved their software, as recent updates of InDesign and Illustrator seem to work fine. However they recently acknowledged Photoshop still fails with specific complex fonts exported with this option enabled.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Hafonton
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Bug: "Right To Left" Checkbox doesn't update the view until re-opening the OpenType designer

Post by Hafonton »

The RTL fix works.

Thanks a lot!
I'll let you know if I have any issues with OT Optimization
For now its turned off.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Hafonton wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:34 am The RTL fix works.
Perfect!
Hafonton wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:34 am I'll let you know if I have any issues with OT Optimization
Yes, please keep us posted.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology