New Logo

Have questions about High-Logic.com, or maybe you have an issue with the site?
Erwin Denissen

New Logo

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Earlier today we've replaced our old logo with the one you see in the header of this forum. The website logo has been replaced as well. We think the new one better represents our company, but we're curious about your opinion so please give us some feedback!
logoold.png
logoold.png (48.64 KiB) Viewed 13149 times
logonew.png
logonew.png (61.83 KiB) Viewed 13147 times
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
William
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: New Logo

Post by William »

I feel that the border of the new logo is noticeable whereas the border of the old logo was not noticeable.

Although the border of the new logo is thicker than the border of the old logo, that is not why I feel that it is noticeable. It is due to the shape. The border of the old logo was just a rectangle with rounded corners, a conventional shape, so it was not noticeable: the border of the new logo is a distinctive design, so is noticeable.

My immediate reaction was that it reminded me of the shape of the hysteresis curve of a ferrite core as used in the memory of computers in the 1960s, though mirrored horizontally.

So that, to me, makes the design have a computerish feel, though maybe that is because I remember the ferrite cores as used in the memory of computers in the 1960s!

Starting at the top left corner, the line that starts horizontally then follows the arc of interactivity and then reaches the thick horizontal line. This then leads to the proven font technology message.

I had thought of the old logo design as being of a letter H and a full stop.

However, now that the colour of what I thought was a full stop is changed in the new logo I am wondering if the logo is intended to represent an HL ligature.

Is there a particular reason for retaining the red bar in the middle of the H?

I am wondering if the bar were the same colour as the rest of the H and a bit wider, though still not joined to the verticals, would that look better?

I notice that the blue colour is somewhat deeper that before. It works well in my opinion.

William Overington

15 April 2009
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

William wrote:However, now that the colour of what I thought was a full stop is changed in the new logo I am wondering if the logo is intended to represent an HL ligature.
It is indeed a HL logo.
William wrote:Is there a particular reason for retaining the red bar in the middle of the H?
I think only one color is a bit too minimalistic. The red horizontal bar makes it less formal, and the new header (not the one shown used in the forum) gives a refreshing look that better represents the software we make, although I know that is arguable :wink:

Anyway I hope you like the change.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
William
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by William »

Erwin Denissen wrote:Anyway I hope you like the change.
Oh yes, I like it.

William Overington

15 April 2009