The view count of posts

Have questions about High-Logic.com, or maybe you have an issue with the site?
William
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

The view count of posts

Post by William »

I know that if one notes the view count of a thread in the index page of a forum and then one selects the thread, that upon going back to the index page the view count will have a value at least one greater than before: "at least" because other forum readers might have looked at the thread as well in the meantime, it is usually one greater than before.

However, I am wondering whether all viewing of the thread affects the view count.

I think that access of the thread by bots does not add to the count, so as not to distort the viewing figures.

Does viewing a thread by clicking a link to the thread from a post in another forum increase the view count please?

Does viewing a thread by clicking a link to the thread from an email increase the view count please?

Does viewing a thread by copying the address of the thread from plain text and then entering that into the text box of a web browser and pressing the return key increase the view count please?

Are the above results any different if the link is to a particular post within a thread rather than to the thread as such please?

William Overington

18 May 2009
Erwin Denissen

Re: The view count of posts

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I honestly don't know, but the developers of the forum should know it:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology