Are people wary of attachments?

Have questions about High-Logic.com, or maybe you have an issue with the site?
William
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Are people wary of attachments?

Post by William »

Recently I attached a PDF (Portable Format Document) document to a post in the Gallery thread Localizable Sentences Experiment font support.

The post is linked as follows.

viewtopic.php?p=31119#p31119

There appear to have been about sixty views of the thread since, yet it seems that there has only been one view of the attachment during that time other than the two that occurred when I was testing that the link was working.

I am puzzled by this.

I quite accept that maybe only one person has been interested to look, yet the topic of the thread is clearly labelled, so people looked at the thread - unless the views are all by automated bots! :-)

I have today added a note about the size of the PDF document. It is 36.59 kilobytes.

I am wondering if the fact that the size of the PDF document was not indicated has been a factor with people perhaps wary in case the download was of megabytes and might jam their computers?

Incidentally, has anyone here followed the link to my novel from an earlier post in the same thread?

viewtopic.php?p=31024#p31024

I notice that there has been one view other than by me to the attached copy of Chapter 5 of the novel that has the twenty-six glyphs in the PDF document, included in the PDF document using a font that I produced using FontCreator.

I accept that maybe only one person here is interested in having a look at what I write, but then again the thread has got lots of views, but s I mentioned ,are they mostly views by BOTS? :-)

William
Erwin Denissen

Re: Are people wary of attachments?

Post by Erwin Denissen »

William wrote:There appear to have been about sixty views of the thread since, yet it seems that there has only been one view of the attachment during that time other than the two that occurred when I was testing that the link was working.
I don't know how many, but some are from web crawlers like Googlebot (Google) and Bingbot (Microsoft) and Slurp Bot (Yahoo).

Most people visit the forum to look for specific answers to their font related problems, so I don't think they will download your PDF. People who are interested don't mind the size of such document.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
William
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Are people wary of attachments?

Post by William »

Hi Erwin

Thank you for your reply.

That is helpful.

William