format of posts to the forum

Have questions about High-Logic.com, or maybe you have an issue with the site?
honest.bern

format of posts to the forum

Post by honest.bern »

Above the box in which I put this text is a row of buttons: B, i, u, Quote …

If I am tempted to use the first button to make text [b]bold[/b] it does not have this effect. Instead it inserts “open-square-bracket b close-square-bracket” before, and “open-square-bracket solidus b close-square-bracket” afterwards.

I finally press the “submit” button and check what appears, just in case it has worked as I hoped, but it never does. Am I doing something wrong? When other people read my post does it look right to them?
Alfred
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: format of posts to the forum

Post by Alfred »

honest.bern wrote:Above the box in which I put this text is a row of buttons: B, i, u, Quote …

If I am tempted to use the first button to make text bold it does not have this effect. Instead it inserts “open-square-bracket b close-square-bracket” before, and “open-square-bracket solidus b close-square-bracket” afterwards.

I finally press the “submit” button and check what appears, just in case it has worked as I hoped, but it never does. Am I doing something wrong? When other people read my post does it look right to them?
How very strange! When I select the word "bold" and press the first button on the toolbar, I get this: bold.

In the text area where I'm typing, I see “open-square-bracket b close-square-bracket” before the word, and “open-square-bracket solidus b close-square-bracket” afterwards, just as you've described, but when I preview the post I see the word in bold (and when I submit the post it looks the same as the preview). I see markup in the OP to this thread, but bold text in my quoted copy of it.
FC14 Pro (Help) + MT11.0 Pro (Help) • Windows 10
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

honest.bern wrote:Above the box in which I put this text is a row of buttons: B, i, u, Quote …

If I am tempted to use the first button to make text bold it does not have this effect. Instead it inserts “open-square-bracket b close-square-bracket” before, and “open-square-bracket solidus b close-square-bracket” afterwards.

Below the box is a checkbox for "Disable BBCode"
BBCode.png
BBCode.png (15.86 KiB) Viewed 11934 times
You had enabled that. I edited your post to re-enable it, and fixed some other issues with code and a list. Please check it again to see if it makes sense.

Also: check your posting defaults in the User Control Panel to see if they are still set to whatever you prefer.
Posting Defaults.png
Posting Defaults.png (31.37 KiB) Viewed 11926 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
honest.bern

Post by honest.bern »

Thank you, Bhikkhu Pesala. That was so easy!
honest.bern

Post by honest.bern »

And thank you, again, for what you did to my main post: it looks just the way I wanted it to look.