My font looks weird at different sizes

Discuss FontCreator here, please do not post support requests, feature requests, or bug reports!
suresh

My font looks weird at different sizes

Post by suresh »

Hi,

I'm new to font creation stuff. I'm trying to create an indic unicode font. I started by modifying an existing font.

I just created a single 'telugu letter a' (unicode \u0c05). I want it to be viewed clearly on web pages.

The letter looks fine at size 12. But looks weird at different sizes. It even changes shape at smaller sizes (8 to 11). size 13 looks more choppy. It looks blurred for sizes (14-24). But looks fine at sizes>24.

(I can email images of the font, if u want to take a look)

In summary, It is unreadable at smaller sizes. It looks worser when bolded or italicized.

It is common on websites to use size 10 and I want to make this font look good(ofcourse readable) at size 10 and above, if not any lesser. As, the telugu alphabet has more similar letters, readability is an issue for sure.

what changes help in making this better? Any pointers would be helpful.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

See the Frequently Asked Questions

Font Creator does not support hinting. If you modify a glyph outline the hinting information is removed.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
William
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by William »

You might perhaps find the following thread of interest in relation to this type of problem.

viewtopic.php?t=1110

I included in my post in that thread some references to some other threads as well.

I hope that this helps.

William Overington