FontCreator 5.5 Review

Discuss FontCreator here, please do not post support requests, feature requests, or bug reports!
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

FontCreator 5.5 Review

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

You can read my Review of FontCreator 5.5 here.

For Home Users, the improvements to Panose Classification, the new Align Tools, and new rectangle and ellipse drawing tools will be a great help. For users of the Professional Edition, the enhanced Glyph Transformations and improved font validation will increase their efficiency. The improved interace, new shortcuts, bookmark navigation in the Glyph Edit Window, and numerous minor improvements will help all users.

Don't hesitate — download it today and start enjoying the greater power and ease of use that this latest new release offers. :)

Download a Printable PDF of my Review. (441K)
Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala on Tue May 30, 2006 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Dave Crosby
Typographer
Typographer

Great Review!

Post by Dave Crosby »

Thank you for a great review!

I printed out a copy and am going through it step by step to get aquainted with all the new toys. What a blast!

It is mind boggling that Erwin took all those suggestions, bellyachings and complaints and turned a really good program into this treasure!
Aut nunc aut nunquam
Jowaco

Agreed

Post by Jowaco »

My sentiments exactly but better expressed.

Joe.
Dave Crosby
Typographer
Typographer

Yep!

Post by Dave Crosby »

(Sigh) I know, Joe, You have always been able to express things better than I could.
Aut nunc aut nunquam
Dick Pape
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Most Favourite Things

Post by Dick Pape »

Ok guys ... ...

Two things I especially like in this release:

a. Moving the Font Validate icon to the Standard toolbar. Saves a step.

b. Making the Validation report interactive, visible and zoomable. I can wander through entire font without coming up for a breath or having to go to another view. Can see the results of a fix or miss right away.

Zooming to the error condition is a really terrific feature. Definitely worth the price of an upgrade. Saves a huge amount of time when correcting faulty fonts.

Thanks Erwin.