Braille TTF for milling machine

Discuss FontCreator here, please do not post support requests, feature requests, or bug reports!
CyberLogis

Braille TTF for milling machine

Post by CyberLogis »

Hello,

To engrave a Braille text with my milling machine I need a Braille-Plus True Type Font file and a Braille-Minus TTF file.

The Braille-Plus file has only from 1 to 6 discrete points and the Braille-Minus file contains black edges and squares where the plus have no point, this for every characters. It uses a special mill for the plus working and a 0.7 mm mill for the minus.

How can I define a contour which is only a point (without surface)? Do I need the font editor professional version for this?

For the German's use I also have to define "AU", "ÄU", "CH", "EI","EU", "IE", "SCH" and "ST". Is it soon a tradition for those characters?

As the Braille font has normalized size, is it possible to block a change of size?

Thank you and best regards.

Patrick
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Braille TTF for milling machine

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

You can create a single point contour by deleting all by one node from a rectangle, though I have no idea whether a font like this will work on your milling machine.

You can set the width for a range of glyphs with Autometrics, on the Tools menu.

I believe that both of these are possible in the Home Edition.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486