Ascitilde still is presented even though modified

Discuss FontCreator here, please do not post support requests, feature requests, or bug reports!
brisco

Ascitilde still is presented even though modified

Post by brisco »

Please help me. This is my first posting. I modified the ascitilde to look very different and when I type in microsoft word or my email programs it appears as I created it. When I email it to yahoo in the message, it appears as created, But Yahoos little memo section that presents the subject and a the first few words of the email presents the old ascitilde that is no longer there. Ho do I change this? When you open the yahoo email, the ascitilde appears as created.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Ascitilde still is presented even though modified

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Presumably, Yahoo's “little memo section” is using a different font.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
brisco

Post by brisco »

Thank you so so much for your help. This is my last problem. I loaded the character code 7777 which is named uni1E61 and is in the Latin extended. I checked the box in font properties/ranges and checked the appropriate boxes to ensure that all Latin extended were checked, but even after I reload/reinstall and reboot , Microsoft word keeps using the Calibri font of ALT 07777 and not my font's . How can I force the word processor to accept my fonts Alt 07777?

Thank you for all of your help
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Calculate the Unicode Ranges and Character Sets so that Word knows that your font includes characters in the Latin Extended Additional Range.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I've successfully added the character $1E61 (ṡ) to a test font with FontCreator 7.5, and I can insert it into a Word document through ALT-07777 (through the number pad, and Num lock turned on).
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology