Distributing fonts with VB Software product

Discuss FontCreator here, please do not post support requests, feature requests, or bug reports!
Hugh C. O'Neill

Distributing fonts with VB Software product

Post by Hugh C. O'Neill »

Hi,

I have successfully created several fonts that are extremely useful for a VB Software product that I hope to market. I have two questions.

1) have purchased a PC Laptop for demos of this product. It is really just a portable development environment. The product has come up fine. How do I install my created fonts on this lap top? I am hoping that I do not have to install Font Creator but that I can copy the fonts and install them somehow in the Window Font of the Laptop.

2)Related to the first but down the road. When I market this product can these created fonts be installed on the users PC via some install software like INSTALL SHIELD?

Actually a third question would be is there some documentation on this distribution process?

Thanks,
hugh
Learning about fonts has opened a whole new world for me. Fascinating
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Truetype fonts can be installed in the usual way by copying them to the Windows Font folder. Font Creator does not need to be installed. Your questions are unrelated to the Font Creator program, you would have more success on a general PC forum or Visual Basic forum.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486