FCP Updates

Discuss FontCreator here, please do not post support requests, feature requests, or bug reports!
Jowaco

FCP Updates

Post by Jowaco »

I've just had a look at:

http://www.high-logic.com/fcphistory.html

to refresh my memory. I'm astounded at what improvements have been made since I upgraded from FCP3. When I consider what I obtained, and the work entailed in making those improvements, I am beginning to feel guilty that I paid only $25 dollars (US) for the upgrade! The latest improvements in FCP 4.5 over FCP 4.2 are very welcome indeed. One, which is, to me, very useful indeed, escaped mention; (possibly it was so last-minute that time did not allow for explanation). The ability to move outlines, by selecting and dragging, without altering the side bearing extent (dotted) lines saves lots of clicking, selecting and moving of the lines. What a boon this must be to the people working on the accurate placing of diacritics. The side bearings (white spaces) do alter of course. Excellent.

The other features are no less welcome. I did not realise I had so many mistakes in the Unicode ranges and code pages!

One feature I cannot fathom out - and I'm sure it's simple - is 'Added drag and drop support when creating a new contour.'

What improvements and what value we keep getting!

A thankful,

Joe.
Dick Pape
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Dick Pape »

Joe -- I totally agree with you on the number of features we have been given in FCP. It has been such a pleasure working with Erwin on issues as he gives answers either in words or in new releases.

By the way you should probably pay some more money since you are so embarassed by the lowly amount you were charged. You'll feel better when you do...

I feel ok right now.

Dick