Just a thanks...

Discuss FontCreator here, please do not post support requests, feature requests, or bug reports!
MikeW

Just a thanks...

Post by MikeW »

I have been hammering away on some font families and am just taking a break to publicly tell Erwin many, many thanks for version 11. The new features have made most of what I do easier & quicker. There's only one thing that would make it even better, but there is a work-around.

Thanks, Erwin!

Mike
Last edited by MikeW on Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PJMiller
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Just a thanks...

Post by PJMiller »

I would like to thank Erwin for version 11.

There have been many small improvements which may not seem like much when examined individually but when taken as a whole make a significant improvement to the overall workflow. And of course there have been some major improvements as well, but it's the small improvements that you notice on a day to day basis.

Many thanks Erwin ! :D :D 8) :mrgreen:
MikeW

Post by MikeW »

Argh. Version 11...corrected in my post.
Phlin1945

Post by Phlin1945 »

hey people, have to say big thanks for all your community, and wish will get help anytime i need here!!
Last edited by Phlin1945 on Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MBear227

Post by MBear227 »

MikeW wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:23 pm There's only one thing that would make it even better, but there is a work-around.
What is that "one thing?" (and what is the workaround?)
Typewhisperer

Post by Typewhisperer »

Hi Erwin,

donʼt recall if I already thanked you for the inclusion of the “Replace Glyph” command in the pop‑up menu. If I did, hereʼs a double thankyou. Very practical, saved me tons of work.

Regards,
Typewhisperer
PJMiller
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by PJMiller »

Typewhisperer wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:52 pm Hi Erwin,

donʼt recall if I already thanked you for the inclusion of the “Replace Glyph” command in the pop‑up menu. If I did, hereʼs a double thankyou. Very practical, saved me tons of work.

Regards,
Typewhisperer
I didn't think that would be useful to me but since it has appeared I have used it several times and it does save time. :)
MikeW

Post by MikeW »

MBear227 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:01 pm
MikeW wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:23 pm There's only one thing that would make it even better, but there is a work-around.
What is that "one thing?" (and what is the workaround?)
Re-enabling the ability to preview init, medi and fina features in the OT Designer.

Work arounds included temp exporting of a font in progress, which really didn't help while actually still designing the feature(s). Else WOFF export. But in the end, I would just export the font, do the OT Feature work for these features in version 9, then copy/paste the code into v.11. The pita was if I was still needing to do future OT feature work in the fonts with these features. It was prone to error if I was tired.

This is now/going to be a moot point as it is being restored. Which makes me a really happy person.

Mike
MikeW

Post by MikeW »

Typewhisperer wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:52 pm Hi Erwin,

Regards,
Typewhisperer
Yep. I also find it very useful.

Mike