Font Creator Expert Wanted...

Discuss FontCreator here, please do not post support requests, feature requests, or bug reports!
mannyatt

Font Creator Expert Wanted...

Post by mannyatt »

After failing to find a skilled and qualified Font Creator expert in my area, I decided to come to the source.
I am looking to hire someone to make the most simple font, numbers 0-9. I have been unable to find the exact font, so I need to make it.

It will be used for engraving and only needs to be in .TTF format. I can pay you via Paypal, so you can work from anywhere in the world.

I hope this isnt violating any rules, and I dont want to post my email address publicly (spam) so please PM me and lets get started.

Thanks guys, if I knew how to use this software I wouldnt be asking :)

Emmanuel
mannyatt

Re: Font Creator Expert Wanted...

Post by mannyatt »

Seems as though my PM privileges are not yet active so, interested parties please email me at

emmanuelattias66 at gmail dot com

Thank You
Alfred
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Alfred »

mannyatt wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:55 am I am looking to hire someone to make the most simple font, numbers 0-9. I have been unable to find the exact font, so I need to make it.
If you tell us which version of FontCreator you have and show us a picture of how the numbers should look, I'm sure someone here can guide you through the process of making the font yourself.
mannyatt wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:49 pm Seems as though my PM privileges are not yet active
I think the PM feature is activated automatically once your post count reaches 4 or 5.
FC14 Pro (Help) + MT11.0 Pro (Help) • Windows 10
mannyatt

Post by mannyatt »

I do not own the program, but I am not computer literate so I wanted to hire someone to create the fonts for me who already owns the software and is familiar with using it.

I have no problem buying the program for someone towards payment of the completed job, provided they know how it works because I do not. Thanks
Alfred
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Alfred »

Why not try the online font generator at YourFonts.com? (It's owned and operated by High-Logic, the developer of FontCreator.)
mannyatt

Post by mannyatt »

Thank you for the suggestion but, my handwriting and art skills are nothing special and I would like the fonts to be created from existing engravings and photographs. I appreciate all of the advice, but can't I just pay someone with the skill to do this? I am not trying to do it on the cheap or find alternative ways to get it done for free. Doesnt anyone want my $$$$ ? :)
MikeW

Post by MikeW »

Alfred was trying to "teach you to fish" versus being paid "to fish for you."

For those of us that make money making fonts, we generally shy away from small work because it can be either a labor of love (i.e., it doesn't pay the bills) or the person desiring to pay for something like what I am understanding you want done say, What the heck? Is he smokin' crack? It's not about not wanting your money. I like money. It's about managing expectations for both of us.

I'll send you an email tonight. I would want to see the quality of the scan before discussing a price that I believe would be fair to you.

Mike
mannyatt

Post by mannyatt »

Mike thanks for the response.

If this was something I would need to do repeatedly or a field I was going to pursue then I would have loved to learn how to fish. I only need one font pack so, in this case I just need to be fed for a day. Looking forward to hearing from you. THX
Alfred
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Alfred »

mannyatt wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:52 pm Thank you for the suggestion but, my handwriting and art skills are nothing special and I would like the fonts to be created from existing engravings and photographs.
It doesn't require either handwriting or art skills! If you save a copy of the template as a GIF image, you can use your favourite image editor to place the existing images in the boxes (perhaps after applying a threshold adjustment if they aren't monochrome in their current state).
MikeW

Post by MikeW »

Alfred,

These are what are called "stick" fonts. They are a single outline for CNC engraving. Cannot use FC.

I am currently investigating the possibilities. I've done them once upon a time, but things have changed since then and I am uncertain as of yet what CNC is being used as it makes a difference.

Mike
Alfred
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Alfred »

Thanks for the info, Mike. I shall leave the OP in your capable hands!
Jonne Haven

Post by Jonne Haven »

MikeW wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:02 am Alfred was trying to "teach you to fish" versus being paid "to fish for you."

For those of us that make money making fonts, we generally shy away from small work because it can be either a labor of love (i.e., it doesn't pay the bills) or the person desiring to pay for something like what I am understanding you want done say, What the heck? Is he smokin' crack? It's not about not wanting your money. I like money. It's about managing expectations for both of us.

I'll send you an email tonight. I would want to see the quality of the scan before discussing a price that I believe would be fair to you.

Mike
Emmanuel,

I think it will be hard to get one of these professionals to do a one time gig as they are experienced with great depth and starting a new project, simple though it may be, is just as hard as a project with many characters. I'm with Mike on this one. Show us your pictures to give us a better understanding of what your expectations are. I also don't believe any of us can in good conscience make a font using Font Creator if you didn't buy the software, that's just a guess though.

I'd love to see the photos/pics you have in mind. Maybe you can get someone to do it free of charge. I made my own fonts with handwriting so I have that experience under my belt...but I wouldn't dare commit to making a font without at least seeing what there is to work with.

Hope this helps.

Blessings,

Jonne
Jonne Haven

Post by Jonne Haven »

Alfred wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:03 pm Thanks for the info, Mike. I shall leave the OP in your capable hands!
Alfred,

I see you've been hoisted to the title, Top Typographer! Kudos, you deserve it!

Jonne
PJMiller
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by PJMiller »

It's probably quite simple to make a font with just the numbers as a true type font and it probably won't take long given a good enough picture of what you want, but what makes me wary about this is the fact that it is going to be used for a CNC machine for engraving.

This probably introduces quite a few constraints and Gotchas which you might not see coming so it might get very complex very quickly unless you know what you are doing and know the requirements for a font to be used on a CNC machine.

I don't.
Alfred
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Alfred »

Jonne Haven wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:11 pm Alfred,

I see you've been hoisted to the title, Top Typographer! Kudos, you deserve it!

Jonne
Thanks, Jonne. I think you and Mike deserve that accolade rather more than I do, but it's obviously Erwin's call. (I did send him a PM at the time, suggesting that his standards must be slipping!)