Fonts being rejected in ios App

Discuss FontCreator here, please do not post support requests, feature requests, or bug reports!
misskris

Fonts being rejected in ios App

Post by misskris »

I have very limited knowledge about creating fonts, but I do create handwriting fonts out of handwriting submissions via Scanahand and then edit those fonts in FontCreator. I'm having an issue with some fonts being rejected when the user is attempting to upload them into a specific Apple App that accepts fonts. One issue I've determined is naming - the font names that had an apostrophe in them were causing them to be rejected. Easy fix. But I'm running into other issues and the app developer seems to be clueless as to the parameters a font needs to have to be accepted or what might cause them to be rejected. One font in particular that I did 2 years ago, I finally had to copy and paste each letter into a new font file to get it to be accepted. Does anyone know of any other protocols, settings or parameters I would need to check to troubleshoot what might be wrong with a particular font? I've tried .ttf and .otf. I *think I've ruled out having international characters, too high or too low ascender or descender values, having kerning pairs -- as I have fonts that have these characteristics that have installed without a problem. I just don't know enough to know what I might be missing as far as a setting or naming protocol I should have been using.

(And as a sidenote - the app team told me that fonts created by others have been rejected too so I know it's not specifically my issue alone.)
Erwin Denissen

Re: Fonts being rejected in ios App

Post by Erwin Denissen »

It seems like iOS is buggy in the sense that is incorrectly rejects valid fonts. Do let us know if you get an update from Apple.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology