Cannot export or copy to another program

Discuss FontCreator here, please do not post support requests, feature requests, or bug reports!
attroll

Cannot export or copy to another program

Post by attroll »

I am still using a very old version on FontCreator.
I never upgraded because the old version still does everything I need.

I now want to tweak a font image that I created but I would like to export it or copy it into Photoshop to make modification and then import it back into FontCreator.

I see no export option.

I also tried to copy it and paste it into Photoshop but it will not work.
Was there ever a way to do this with the old version of FontCreator?
If I upgrade will I be able to do it with the newest version of FontCreator?
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Cannot export or copy to another program

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

You could always take a screenshot and modify the bitmap in PhotoShop, then paste the modified bitmap back into FontCreator. It will be pasted at 0,0 so you will have to resize it, reposition it, and adjust the side-bearings.

Later versions after FontCreator 10 support copy/paste of SVG via Inkscape for editing vectors.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Re: Cannot export or copy to another program

Post by Erwin Denissen »

attroll wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:47 amIf I upgrade will I be able to do it with the newest version of FontCreator?
Yes, as FontCreator now allows you to quickly copy and paste to and from other vector based image editing software like Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape, and Serif Affinity Designer. This feature is supported with the professional edition.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology