Font Creator upgrade

Discuss FontCreator here, please do not post support requests, feature requests, or bug reports!
hhnguyen

Font Creator upgrade

Post by hhnguyen »

Hello

I currently have Font Creator 7 Pro. I plan on upgrading to Font Creator 12 whenever it's comes out. Just want to check to see if I will be eligible for the upgrade? From looking at the upgrade price now, Ver 7 may be dropped off.

Best Regards
nguyen
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Font Creator upgrade

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

There were many changes to FontCreator since version 7.0.

Version 11.0 was released in May 2017 and version 11.5 in February of 2018. I see no sign yet of FontCreator 12.0, though one assumes that there will be a new version sometime.

Take a look at My Review Page to see what has changed over the years.

If you upgrade, you will have a lot of learning to find out how to get the most out of the new features.

What else might FontCreator 12.0 have that you need?
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
hhnguyen

Post by hhnguyen »

First, thanks for the advices your contribution to the forum is invaluable.
Ver 7 Pro serves me just right. I'm not looking for new features, but it does not hurt to have them either. I just want to be in a position to be able to upgrade in the future, just in case.

Regards
HNguyen
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

FontCreator 12 will not be released this year, but since the recent version of FontCreator contains many improvements and bug fixes, it is strongly recommended to upgrade to it.

We released FontCreator 7 in 2013, so it is likely we'll remove it from our website later this year. It is not fully compatible with current Windows versions and contains serious issues. We like to move forward and aim to support new font technology.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology