How to publish a font

Discuss FontCreator here, please do not post support requests, feature requests, or bug reports!
Anne Hext

How to publish a font

Post by Anne Hext »

I have finished a font for dyslexic readers and would like to publish it on the general market. I have High-logic 11.5 and have run the optical metrics and run the kerning. and Done the legals like license etc. Is there anything else I should be checking like the tables at the back. Do I just approach Fonts.com, fontfont or similar. Any ideas and tips would be welcome right now!
Anne
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: How to publish a font

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

You will find some discussion in this thread and the thread linked to from there.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
LegendOfIrit

Post by LegendOfIrit »

I'm highly interested in your dyslexic font and how it helps readers with dyslexia since a mild case of it.
PJMiller
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by PJMiller »

You might also be interested in looking at Cadman a free dyslexic font.
Anne Hext

Post by Anne Hext »

Thanks for the link - very helpful I am now going through presenting my font to myfonts.com :)
Anne
Anne Hext

Post by Anne Hext »

PJMiller wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:10 pm You might also be interested in looking at Cadman a free dyslexic font.
Yes I just looked at cadman font I haven't seen it before is it new? Mine has similar features for dyslexics - balanced spaces round the letters and no two letters alike and lots of extra greek and maths glyphs. Style is very different though so alls good
Anne
PJMiller
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by PJMiller »

Cadman was published in February 2018.