Font foundry info?

Discuss FontCreator here, please do not post support requests, feature requests, or bug reports!
Psymon

Font foundry info?

Post by Psymon »

When I look at my currently installed fonts in MainType, many (but not all) of the fonts have something listed under the "Foundry" column -- lots of Adobe, Bitstream, and other well-known names (along with a few not-so-well known). My fonts are just blank in that column, though.

Where does one fill in this information? I put "Psymon" (the name I publish, etc. under) in the "Vendor (Manufacturer)" field in the "Legal" tab in the Font Properties dialogue -- seems like the only place I could find anywhere in there where one would put something like that. Obviously that's not it, though. I would have thought this info would have been something you'd find in the "Identification" or "Extended" tab, but it seems not -- can't find anything else like that anywhere else, though.

How does one add that info in? :roll:
Psymon

Re: Font foundry info?

Post by Psymon »

I'm still curious about this. ;)
PJMiller
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by PJMiller »

Properties -> Legal -> Vendor ID / Vendor (Manufacturer)
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Or you can select the default Vendor ID for new fonts in Options, Personalize, Vendor ID.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Psymon

Post by Psymon »

PJMiller wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:39 am Properties -> Legal -> Vendor ID / Vendor (Manufacturer)
I guess I mean the box above that, where you get a drop-down list of already-established names (I presume), so not " Vendor (Manufacturer)" but rather "Vendor ID."

How do you get an "ID"?

If that's nothing I need to concern myself with (being a "smalltimer"), then never mind -- just trying to make myself look like I have an idea what I'm doing. LOL. ;)
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

FontCreator uses information that comes from the vendor id database which is maintained by Microsoft. You can register a four-letter Vendor ID.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Psymon

Post by Psymon »

Oh, cool! Thank you, Erwin! :)